big ambitions... always.




so last nite... i almost talked myself out of entering the IQF Celebrate Spring contest. it is a larger format that stretches me. i procrastinated last year and created a piece that i was just not happy with and it did not end up getting chosen. (one of my dear friends rescued the piece from me and has it up in her home!) ;)

well this time. i am starting early (deadline january...) ;) ha! here is just a smidgen peek of it in process... due to contest rules.

oh... but back to the reason i almost quit... well. i was having more fun making other pieces rather than working on this large project. you see, i am a "sprinter-artist" - work it up, get it done, move on... ;) i am trying to make myself enjoy the longer process, but it is tough for me! alas. last nite i was relieved when i decided i wasn't going to enter. and then this morning. i thought about it... and couldn't wait to start working on it again. in fact, finished the bottom half. i think it was because i allowed myself to see that i "wanted" to do it... not that i "had" to do it. it really does makes a big difference. play play play!!!

Comments

  1. Oh, you sound like me, I sign up, then I think why did I do it, then I get excited, I do it, then I'm glad I did. There is so much out there for us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right, funky arty queen! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I found your blog now too! I would love to add that little subscribe gadget like you have on your page. Could you give me a little more detailed direction on how to add that little guy? Hope you are well these days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts