my trashy clutch!




inspired by alisa burke's article in the current issue of Cloth Paper Scissors... had to try my hand at making one of the "trashy clutches"... you can also find info on how to make one via her website: Alisa Burke

i used 2 plastic bags from one of my joann fabrics runs - which are already recycled supposedly... and melted the two bags together per the directions in the article. then painted with acrylics, used permanent markers... lined with fabric, stitched with black threads, sewed it together and sealed with matte gel. turned out pretty cool! ;)

Comments

  1. Just awesome!!!!I will have to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh - do share, if you make one! would love to see it!! it is quite a fun little ramble in the studio! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw this in CPS it was WOWCOOLWOWCOOL all at the same time! I stopped and went to reread it again and am still wondering if you can peal off the paper after the plastic melts and dries or does it stay stuck? Anyways, it will be yummy to use plastic bags in this way. Joy joys to you Leilani. Joyce.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts