a new dawn....




a new day. to play. to find. to wander. in fiber. in art. in life.

colors swirl around me in the grays of winter. i am soothed by the winter grays at times. somehow makes the colors in life pop more. really gets inside me and squeezes the juices of creativity out, like an orange full of yarn.

this thought of playing in color. wondering in wander. what a dull life it would be without the essence of color. even the blind can sense color. i remember from a scene in the movie, "Mask" when Eric Stoltz's character helps his visually-challenged friend understand color by placing a cold potato in her hands and saying that was blue, and a hot potato was red.... that has stuck with me all these years. the importance of color in a living being.

here's to a new year full of color!

Comments

  1. So true, I need lots of color in my life. Everything where I live is so brown, and dry and neutral. I know we need moisture so we can have some color in the spring and summer but nothing yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts