january play.

in the midst of all this very early 'spring cleaning' that i've pushed myself into - i've still managed to make room for comforts and creativity.

hubby managed to make some yummy bread over the weekend... it is almost gone and filled our bellies with yummy goodness.

i love his designs.

and i've been bitten by the weaving bug again.  it hit me last winter around this time when i finally purchased a vintage 1975 Erica Rigid Heddle Loom on Ebay.  Made one thing - a hemp rock climbing chalkbag for the honey for valentine's day.  i'll upload a picture of it next post.  but.  it was such a backbreaking ordeal - as i'd never really knew for sure how to set it all up with ease - and had to follow the 1975 directions included with the loom since nothing else was available online that i could see.  and it took me forever to make!  but this winter!  as i was reading one of my new favorite blogs: LaTouchables - she mentioned purchasing a scarf from this amazing weaver: Barefootweaver.  and inspiration hit and the loom had to come down off the shelf and be set up!

but this time - i found a fantastic link on warping a rigid heddle loom online!



and got my game on! 




isn't it just a pretty sight.  all the thin fibers interlacing together.  threads - some bumpy. some smooth.  all creating an incredible piece of some kind of wonderful cloth.  :)  soothes my winterblahs.

along with listening to this amazing music on the victrola.


and hubby's early valentine's present was found via MyMidCentury - i know - it's still january. but this was my thinking when i had to talk myself into buying this:


a small diary to go along with the 1922 Victrola that was the Christmas gift.  owned and written by a farmer in Arizona.  well - it came in the mail and i couldn't keep it from him till February!  i had to give it to the man, as he was standing right there when i opened it!  this is what we turned to:

an entry of the farmer's sweet dog drowning in Salt River on June 11 which was just terrible - but do you see it?!  the dog's name?!: Gypsie.

do i need to say anymore?!

anyways... after the initial shock of seeing the name 'gypsie' entered into the book... we returned to our regular bread-eating and last night i settled back into my 2012 technology gift from hubby which was Amazon's KindleFire - the kids use it more than me!  haha... but i have to say - i have found a fun little App - called DrawingPad - which is complete fun to just vegg out on if you're tired of reading or surfing or creating with more than one finger.

 i call this Scribbles1.  :)

and wait till you see the cover i made for the K.Fire.  it is awesome!  i promise.  i'd like to make a few and tidy them into my etsy shop this week sometime.  that is - if i can keep rolling through my spring cleaning and all... smooch!

ps. i had emailed the delightful CLOTHPAPERSCISSORS gang and heard that sometime in 2012 digital items will be available for the Kindle Fire... i can't wait!  :)

Comments

  1. i love that old diary and a victrola - how wonderful. love the synchronicity of the Gypsie post. your woven fibers are so beautiful you creative amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got an Erica loom as well! And mine came with no instructions. I found the same video you found. I warped it last night for the first time. I think I made some mistakes though. Do you have the instructions to your Erica loom? Good luck weaving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx dovie! xo
    and sarah! too fun. i was lucky to have the instructions with mine. i'll shoot you an email. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I just got the instructions. So helpful. I have woven two pieces of cloth so far and iI am really improving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds delightful! happy day, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got an Erica loom thru freecycle and it came with no instructions. Any idea where I might find some ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here are pix of my Erica Loom Pamphlet:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11638216@N04/sets/72157633309804649/

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts