snow people.



if you rec'd the latest issue of Cloth Paper Scissors, you might have noticed some controversy in the letters to the Editor about the snow-people from issue 21! well - i had no problems with making a few of my own, inspired by artist Sue Pelletier.

the smaller ones were made with my children and the larger ones, i made alone - used scrap fabrics for the insides, since i didn't have a lot of pearls...

any other snow people out there?? please share in the comments section with a link, if you'd like! ;) would love to see some!

and p.s. i did get my IQA submission mailed out! wheweeee! now for my 2nd deadline...
running!!!running!!

Comments

  1. I started one but did not finish it. i must put that on my to-do list. i'm sure your little guys had so much fun doing them. I for one loved them in CPS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful! I am almost finished with a certain spice and was thinking the jar would be perfect...might be using that spice quite a bit now! Check out Elizabeth's snow people...
    http://elizabethcreates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I made 3, loved the cover, loved the idea, and was shocked there was controversy. It seems odd they would be deemed "too crafty" - seems a little judgemental for artists, doesn't it?
    Here's a link to my post showing them on my blog:
    http://loloschild.blogspot.com/2008/12/finished-snowfolks.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. dove - don't give up on your snowpeople just yet! there is still snow!! ;) HA. and yes, kiddos had a bit of fun, i think i was a bit more stressed as the little beads were rolling everywhere! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh michelle - a spice bottle... sounds fabulous! ;) loved elizabeth's snowpeople! they are GREAT! ;) thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts