"a capella's" reprise...


i say "reprise" because it is returning to me wholly unseen and unexperienced. this was my last attempt at entering the Int'l Quilt Festival's Celebrate Spring show... i say last attempt because it really is a stretch for me in terms of size. i love this quilt. it is my best one thus far, tho they did not accept it. but i believe it is the last one of its size for my future work. i work better on a smaller scale and i am happier when working on a smaller scale.

here's a serendipitous thing to share... i painted the whole fabric. and after it dried, i noticed this tree-like structure and this figure standing out in my painting. i was already planning a blossoming-type tree...but the figure and shape of the tree that i saw in the paint gave me this layout...and i was quite pleased with the journey it took me on! ;)

Comments

  1. Beautiful Leilani......I can't believe it didn't make it....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts