my Yo Yo Bouquet Bag...



is in the gallery section of the newest issue of Stampington&Company's Haute Handbags...

the instructions are there on how to make it... but they did not have room to include the poetic part of the story...

I love the shape of the circle. I love yo-yos. I have great ambitions to someday create a yo-yo quilt but the time factor always becomes an issue for me. I like to make small artworks since I have so many ideas and projects running through my mind. I was in a “circular mood” one day, last spring and started to play around with yo-yos… and the idea of a bag (I inherited the obsession of ‘bag-love’ from my mother)… well – put them together… and voila! My ‘Yo-yo Bouquet Bag’. I wanted it to have a vintage look, so some of the fabrics chosen were tea-stained, as well as purposely chosen fabrics with patterns that reminded me of older days. Wild flowers, the country, old lace, my grandmother… all these ideas were inspiration for me and this piece. And who wouldn’t love the idea of walking around with a bouquet of flowers on their arm? Makes you feel so pretty...

Comments

  1. Beautiful Leilani! And congratulations!I love yo- yos and paper piecing..I can tell you that you will get that quilt done! They are a great project you can bring to kids's baseball games and such. Believe me! You will have plenty of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so talented....xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts