gazing. looking.





"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

this is one of my favorite quotes.  i made this little quiltie for my honey-valentine back in 2005.

i started to put this quote into my Pinterest profile yesterday but after some thought had to remove it because in this day and age, if i were to take this line literally, i would sorely disagree.  as technology gives us way too much opportunity to look outward together and not enough time gazing at each other.



today is my honey's special day.  his birth.day.  our kids treat us with great love as they really believe we are much younger than what we actually are.  i have a cake to make today.  and a special lunch outing with this special hunk in my life... and i intend on doing a lot of 'gazing at each other', with him today.especially.  :)


but. here's to gazing at each other a lot of the time, literally... and looking outward together a lot of the time, metaphorically.

xo

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to your love!
    I totally agree with you on this thought!
    We just celebrated our 20th Anniversary and I can't agree more with looking into each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx girl! and happy 20!!! love2yous. xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts