tangibility.

comforts come and go.  real hugs can never be replaced with blankets or shirts wrapped around us.  
but there is a familiarity in wrappings.  the similarity of being enveloped in a loving embrace.  

the comfort of being able to weep alone and securely wrapped in a tangible cloth that had been prayed over and loved into being with thoughts of the pain and the burden one carries. it is a drop in the bucket, really.  there is no possible way to lessen the ache of a lost loved one.  
only to wait it out and trudge through until time numbs it a bit.

this is my finished tangible comfort for friends in my midst who ache terribly right now.  
you can read her blog HERE.

a lovely handful of people helped with squares for my project - thankyou so very much.  

i continue to think of them and hold them up to the Light 
along with so many others who have recently lost loved ones...


“The death of a beloved is an amputation.”
― C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed










 
"...He leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
    for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk
    through the valley of the shadow of death..."

Comments

  1. Nicely done Leilani. Such a nice 'hug' for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon - for your beautifully quilted squares. Xoxo hugs to you.

      Delete
  2. Kevin7:14 PM

    I am now wrapped in this blanket, as I am many nights, and am so grateful for your labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 much love to you four. We continue to lift you up. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. This blanket has brought all of us tangible comfort in the past 10 months. We have all wrapped ourselves in it, and remembered Aidan. We haven't decided yet how to use the book, but I've been thinking of how to put photos, writings, and drawings in it to tell Aidan's story. Thank you so much for your kindness and support.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts