some.things..



my studio is in transition again.. what's new, eh?  but in the meantime some things to share during my upheaval and moving things around.. and a challenge..

i love love love Instagram.. it is so inspirational for us visual-types.. and if you are missing me here on my blog - you can almost always find me posting something on my instagram feed - @studiogypsy.  :)

and i discovered this fun challenge i've been doing everyday for the month of October - which is tagged #inktober.  I learned about it from the fabulous Julie Fei Fan Balzer's instagram feed.. so you post an ink drawing every day for the month of October.. fun eh?!  well - it has really got my inspiration flowing, since i've been in studio organization mode and adventuring and not been making art much lately.. it is a relaxed, non-obligation challenge to myself to draw a doodle each day for this month.. here are some of my favorites..









now i am scheming up a plan for a November challenge for my fiber artist side.. and specifically the crochet/knit side.. and would sooo love for you to join me and get tons of pix posted on instagram of gorgeous, funky, wild scrumbles.. what is a scrumble?!  well, Prudence Mapstone is a famous scrumbler.  And it's essentially coloring outside the lines with yarn and hook or yarn and knitting needles.. no patterns, just the curiosity of play and imagination and wandering..  free-form crochet/knit is another term for it..  HERE is a fun tutorial ..

so beginning on November 1st.. scrumble a little ditty.. then post it on instagram with the tag #scrumblevember.  and have funfunfun!  work out a new piece each day or on an entire piece the whole month, or whenever you can.. but lets flood the instagram community with some gorgeous fibery arty goodness.. and being thankful (since it is a thankful month).. that we can express life in this unique, tangible way.. and please spread the word to all your crochet/knitty friends.. i'll be posting a few challenge pix before November starts to get the word out too.. whooohoooo get ready to play! ps. for more inspiration check out these books HERE. (I have a piece published in the 2010 Challenge..)


#scrumblevember #studiogypsy






Comments

Popular Posts