my.new.favorite.

i have a confession to make. i haven't followed a wearable sewing pattern since high school home ec class. they scare me. but this summer. i am embracing a new courage and stepping out on some patterns that look doable and something i really want to make, to push me past that fear. and i am happy to say that my first attempt succeeded! i made it a bit easier and more to my taste by skipping the interfacing step completely, as well as skipping the added pockets - which actually lets it become a reversible bag. my first pattern was - Amy Butler's Gypsy Sling Bag. for my fabric, i used one of my old painted up table cloths, and for the straps, i used craft leather strips that i riveted together.










and oh! i discovered a couple of new podcasts that i am crazy about.. CraftLit and Woolful.


“I carry your heart with me


(I carry it in my heart)


I am never without it 


(anywhere I go you go,my dear..."


~e.e. cummings

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts