needle.point

i am on another fiber adventure.. after seeing Mad in England's interview by Mollie Makes -- and her gorgeous creations.. had to have a try myself at this new-to-me-but-old-to-the-world artform! it is quite addicting.. as all fiber forms are to me.. but there is something in the repetitive nature of wool thread - without having to think of what stitch to use.. due to the open square work canvas.. nice and easy and soothing. and creating patterns are a treat! also - i found a treasure at a flea market last week for $5 - 49 set of Tim Holtz Distress Markers - barely used.. and perfect for creating patterns on the cotton needlepoint canvas. :D  inspired by the lovely Mad in England duo.. i created wee 2 inch lavender filled sachets.. i can't make them fast enough!









in other news.. my littles are back in school and it is so bittersweet.. bitter since i miss them terribly..and sweet that i get to putter around my studio without interruptions.. :P and my oldest is in high school now! what?! also.. get the latest publication by Interweave Press called Craft Girl - i have 2 awesome projects in it.. and it is such a sweet, fun magazine! get it while it's hot! :D  autumn is coming..



and last but not least.. the newest chicago rock climbing gym has opened up and is awe.some.ness! they even ordered chalkbags from me.. and it was a record for me - as my sewing machine was "smoking" while i created 40 chalkbags in 3.5 days! yes. i know. i had lots of spiritual help.. God let all things run smoothly around me.. :P  if you're not a climber and you live in chicago..check them out.. even take a class. climbing is so therapeutic and fun!





Comments

Popular Posts