to-day.

721am  the birds finally
             pinch the ears
             off my sleeping
             head.

808am  driving into the office, thoughts
             buzz about my face. i drive past
             the office to swat them away.

914am  coffee is warm in my cold
             hands. my cell phone
             is ringing.  i turn it off and
             continue to stare out the cafe
             window.

1052am  i leave my warm seat by the
              window and walk to Tiffany's.
              my wallet inside my purse
              is screaming, "murder!"

1139am  the giant sparkling stone on
              my left ring finger carries
              me across the street to
              the book shop.  my eyes are
              less dry. my thighs are
              stronger.

1217pm  one book is bought and
               stuffed into a plastic bag. I
               wrap it tightly under my arm
               and fly away.

146pm  tiny blood stains sprinkle
             across my skirt, and the fresh-
             picked roses are placed gently
             into the blue clay vase that
             once held dead stems.

203pm  i wipe the last bit of shine
             into my steel sink and place
             my blood-born-skirt into its
             chamber.

336pm  legs propped up on my
             ottoman, sigh.  i close my eyes
             and let my nose drift to the
             pink petals.

418pm  my fingers rip pictures
             into tiny pieces, effortlessly
             no single photo exists in my
             home.

507pm  i pull out my plastic-wrapped
            book and reveal its contents to
            the living room. it is not
            surprised.

641pm  my eyes do not rest. my
             mind's tongue continues to lap
             up the words before me.

913pm  All That You Should've Done
            has been finished and i finally
            fold myself away into
            to-morrow which will become
            another to-day, if i'm not
            careful.




lrp. 200? written a long while ago.

Comments

Popular Posts